Have you been awed and fascinated by the architectural marvels around the world? Residential places can also be turned into architectural marvels. The personality and the essence of the house depend on the architecture. This is why you must allow your creativity and imagination to flow freely while designing your house.
One of the most important structures of a house is the roof. It is essential to make your roof secure and long-lasting, but you can’t forget to make it aesthetically pleasing as well. Architectural shingles are roof coverings made of individual overlapping elements. They are the highest quality roof products and are available in many materials like:
Advantages of Architectural Shingles Installation
With features like curb appeal and a versatile color scheme, roof shingles make your house look splendid. Shingles are available in a variety of designs and textures, hence picking the right one might require a lot of thought and a good understanding of the functions and aspects of each type.
Roof shingles control the temperature inside your house. You should carefully assess the temperature control requirements of your house concerning the local climate and then select the shingle.
- Asphalt and metal shingles are not recommended in hot areas.
- Wood and stones are usually temperature neutral.
- Plastic can be a good option for extremely cold regions.Durability
The roof is the first point of interaction between sun, rain, cold, dust, fire, fog, and hailstones. So, you should be very careful while choosing the type of material for the shingles, depending upon the type of climate you live in.
- Plastic is lightweight and durable but make sure it’s recyclable.
- Cedar shingles are resistant to rot.
- Although a bit expensive, stone shingles are long-lasting with a lifespan of around 100–200 years. They can also be reused in other buildings.
- Metal is fire resistant.
- Wood is extremely prone to fire. So, it is now available in a hybridized form, mixed up with other composites and coated with some fire-resistant chemicals.Budget Friendly
During budget allocation for your house, there’s a lot to consider- the interiors, flooring, ceiling, paints, furniture, etc. So it might be wise to decide on how much to allocate for the roof after going through all these considerations. It’s usually recommended to use the materials available in the locality. However, you can go till your budget permits.
- Plastic is the cheapest but not safe against fire. You should be careful of the environment as well.
- Wood and stones could be expensive but are good investments as a roofing material.
- Asphalt shingles have a good lifespan. These are also affordable and recyclable.Good Vibes
Lately, modern society has gone through a paradigm shift in lifestyle. We are now more attracted to authentic, organic, and black & white ambiance. Just imagine what stone or wood shingles might bring to your life! Nicely polished wood is always a treat to look at. If you are particularly interested in the detailed structure and texture of stones, you can choose one from a plethora of exquisite options.
Why settle for mediocrity when excellence is affordable? With proper planning and consultation, you can design a lovely home.
‘No 1 Home Roofing’ is the best firm in the US, dealing with roofing. Visit our website and fill out our contact form, or call (727)477-9995 for your roofing needs.