Looking for the perfect roofing contractor to install a new roof or fix a problem on your existing roof? There are a lot of “fly by night” roofers out there that are not trained properly and will not be around for a warranty. Researching a contractor is a wise move before hiring someone. There are many tools available to investigate how reliable a company is before you make a considerable investment, such as a roof. One of the best sources to determine if a company is the right fit is to ask the contractor questions.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Roofing Contractor
Prior to hiring a roofing contractor, there are numerous questions you should ask a prospective contractor to make sure you get the best fit. Being the homeowner and customer, a contractor should be eager to support your need to ask questions. Here are some general questions that need to be asked of a roofing contractor:
- How long have you been in business?
- What is your business address?
- Do you have a website?
- What review sites do you have – Facebook or Google?
- Is your business local?
- Who owns your business, and for how long have they owned it?
- What jobs do you have that I can see?
- Who, exactly, will be installing my roof? Are they employees or sub-contractors? Can I visit a project they are working on right now, and see them in action?
- What training and experience does the crew have?
- What past customers can I talk with regarding testimonials?
- When would you be able to schedule my job?
- How long will my project take? Explain the process.
- Do you have proper licensing and certification?
- What type of insurance do you have? Workers’ Comp? Liability Insurance? Please show me proof of these things.
- Is a building permit required for my project, and, if so, will you be pulling one?
- What steps do you take for the safety of your workers?
- What steps do you take to ensure the safety of my home and my family?
- What materials will you use?
- Will you remove my old roof?
- How will you protect my gutters?
- How will you protect my landscaping?
- Will you provide a container for the old roof and items you are discarding?
- What is the warranty on my roof?
- Do you provide a written estimate?
- What is the quote/proposal for my job?
At No. 1 Home Roofing, we encourage you to be diligent when researching a contractor to install your next roof, especially since a roof protects your home or all of the contents in the property. We can guide you through the process and produce a quality product.
No. 1 Home Roofing is a family-owned and operated roofing company conveniently located on US Highway 19 in Palm Harbor, Florida. We are dedicated to providing top quality workmanship and materials to ensure that your new roof is done right. We specialize in shingle, tile, and flat roof installation, repairs, and maintenance. Contact us for an appointment and/or estimate at 727-781-7663.